Friday, June 29, 2012
DDO Menace of the Underdark
Tentonhammer has a very thorough review of Dungeons and Dragons Online: Menace of the Underdark.
Menace of the Underdark continues your adventures past the previous level cap of 20. The new Druid class is included in the full expansion or if you are currently a VIP.
Attain Epic levels to 25!
* Forge your own epic adventure and create a unique Epic hero with powerful character customization options as you advance beyond level 20 to epic level 25.
* Levels up to 25 will be available to everyone, even free to play players without purchasing the expansion.
* An alternate advancement system that players can use to advance their level 20+ character. The game will be separated into "heroic" advance (as now, except up to level 25) and "epic" destiny advancement, which will require players to run epic content to earn XP to spend on these special enhancements. They will be unlocked at level 20, but unlike regular "heroic" advancement, you can progress your epic destinies indefinitely - even after you hit the new level cap of 25.
* Epic Destinies are included with the expansion, and will later be available for separate purchase on the DDO store in Update 15.
Play the Druid Class
* Play as the all new shape-shifting Druid class! Wield nature's magic or transform into a powerful animal form with this classic D&D class. Free to VIPs.
Journey to the Forgotten Realms
* The core of Menace of the Underdark will be three epic-level (21-25) adventure packs -- The King's Forest, The Underdark, and The Demonweb -- each with its own explorable wilderness area and set of quests as well as the fully featured player city of Eveningstar. Exactly how many quests will be included hasn't been announced yet, but it's said to be the size of several updates combined, so expect at least 8+.
Three Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs and one challenge pack will be available with expansion:
* The King's Forest - Explore deep into the King’s Forest and defend the village of Eveningstar from Lolth’s Drow legions!
* The Underdark - Venture down into the Underdark and confront Lolth’s elite followers in the Drow city of Sschindlyryn!
* The Demonweb - Journey to Lolth’s home plane in this Raid quest, battle demon hordes and confront the spider goddess herself as you attempt to stop her scheme!
* Eveningstar Challenge Pack - Will take place in the city of Eveningstar and presumably function similarly to the current Vaults of the Artificers challenge pack. Said to be for levels 15-25. Free to VIPs.
* Dire Bear
* Draegloth  - half-demon, half-drow
* More Dragons - with customizable, random features; Green Dragon
* Dretch 
* Drider  - half-spider, half-drow
* Dryad 
* Goristro  - a minotaur on steroids
* More Hags
* Purple Worm 
at 9:41 PM