Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Diablo III forums are filling with hacking complaints


Numerous threads are now filling the Diablo 3 forums reporting that accounts have been hacked.
Hackers are reportedly taking character items and gold, leading to a possible massacre once the online auction house launches next week.

"I had my Diablo 3 account hacked today," says one player. "All my items gone and gold liquidated. Blizzard rolled it back to where I was a day and a half before. Meaning I lost around 20 hours of game time play. My password is a random combination of capitalized and uncapitalized letters, numbers, and special characters. My security question answer is also unknowable by anyone but me."

In another thread, a player with a hacked account was flamed for not using an authenticator to secure his virtual goods. However another player claims he used an authenticator and still saw his account drained of gold and goods. In the same thread, another player even figured out who actually hacked into his account.

"The hacker's is luckllezz (George Melchers) the guy added me as a friend before I logged back in," writes iMax. "I joined his game and watched as they cleaned out 30+ players, one after another. I reported all this to Blizzard with little to no response, now I have a level 57 worthless and not able to progress. Couple this with the server issues that happened earlier, my Diablo 3 experience is going peachy!"

source

No comments:

Post a Comment